Green-Tech, belgian specialist in renewable energy sector and biological fuels, offers to purchase its ENPlus certified pellet, its wood chipped and 100% local firewood.
With the desire to evolve and establish itself in the digital market that Green-Tech approached EXIT Studio in order to redesign its former website and turn it into an e-shop. To respond to its target clientele demands (rather wide), we opted for a web design structure based on the use of large pictures in square format. The purpose was to highlight Green-Tech’s products, to stimulate action, and to share the firm’s values (well being, respect for the environment, back to natural and renewable fuels, etc.).
The information architecture of the e-commerce solution being based on a “square” structure, we ensured that consistency was maintained throughout the website. In addition to the web development, mockups / wireframes for each pages were created, and a group purchasing method was implemented.
Green-Tech’s website is suitable for all kind of supports : mobile phone, smartphone and tablet using responsive design technology (which ensure the design adjustement for every further display size).
In the interest of ergonomics and user experience, EXIT Studio makes sure to reassure the buyer at every steps of the purchase process. In addition, we also makes the command steps as user-friendly as possible. Thus:
- A breadcrumb trail always indicate were the visitors is located in the purchase process and know how many steps lefts;
- The number of steps is minimized, in order to not discouraged the buyer;
- At the time of encoding the delivery address, if the contact details are the same as the billing address, a check-box allow the buyer to duplicate the information;
- At every step, a reminder of Green-Tech’s strong points : home delivery, payment upon receiving, savings and many loading zones;
- At every step, an overview of the shopping cart and shipping fees (automatically calculated based on the zip code);
- Finally, once the order concluded, a confirmation message is displayed and a confirmation email is sent.